The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic

The Thinking Woman's Guide to Real Magic - Emily Croy Barker So, this started out kind of confusing and slow. The entire time she was with Faitoren was extremely confusing. I understand that the author was writing from Nora's POV and Nora was confused but I still felt that it was missing some details. The fact that I didn't even know Nora's hair color until after she left just seems silly.
I love the characters and richness of the world once she left the Faitoren, though. Aruendiel and Mrs. Toristel and even the peasant girl, Morinen, were really fun for me to read.
I was prepared for an open-ended ending, knowing that there is a plan for more books but I still don't like the feeling that there are multiple story lines unresolved.
I also did get the Pride & Prejudice tie-in. I do not see many parallels to Jane Austen's world. As much as I like Aruendiel, he is no Mr. Darcy and Nora is certainly not Elizabeth Bennet.
Overall, I really did enjoy this book, though. I like that there was time spent developing the feelings between the characters. I also like that Nora had to study and put time and effort into learning magic. I was a little afraid that it was going to be something that she just naturally excelled at and that wouldn't have made sense to me. I really can't wait for the next book!